Trash and Recycling
Please, only set out your carts!
With everyone being home, a lot of spring cleaning is going on. This is great. However, this is not so great for our trash and recycling folks. Did you know that the COVID-19 virus can live on cardboard and plastics for a long time? That's why we are asking folks to use their carts. We want to protect you and the people who are collecting your trash and recycling. Without them, we are in a "heap" of trouble. You might say a "trash heap" of trouble.
So please, follow these rules:
• Use City trash and recycling containers only. Don't set out loose bags of trash.
• Set trash and recycling out the night before collection day.
• Don't set out Excess trash/Bulk waste/large items.
• Pull carts back to the back or side of your house following collection (or use an enclosure.)
We are all in this together.
Week of March 23, 2020
Regular curbside trash and recycling are on a regular schedule.
The following trash and recycling services have been suspended until further notice:
- Bulk waste/large item collections
- Television and computer monitor collections
- Courtesy Truck rentals
- Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic and Shredding Drop-off Events
- Contractors and businesses taking material to the Manassas Transfer
Station are required to wear their own Personal Protective Equipment
The City of Manassas is working closely with our contractors to monitor the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the safety of the public and of the staff working to perform collection and disposal services for our residents.
Information regarding collections will be posted here and on:
Five Things to Remember About Trash and Recycling
- Always use City containers when setting out your trash and recycling. Do not set out loose trash or plastic bags.
- Only recycle plastic containers #1, 2 and 5, metal cans, cardboard, paper, and glass. Make sure all recycling is empty, clean and dry.
- Call ahead on (703) 257-8252 to schedule collections for large items that do not fit in your container, TVs, computer monitors, air conditioners and other appliances. Not all items can be collected curbside.
- Set out your yard waste in brown paper yard waste bags. Bundle and tie loose branches. No compost, soil, sand or stone will be collected.
- Always pull your container back from the curb following collections. Store containers at the side or in back of your home, or use a screened enclosure for storage.
All residents and property owners are responsible for making sure that they follow City guidelines for trash and recycling collection. Do your part to help keep Manassas safe, clean and beautiful.
You can find out when we collect your yard waste, trash and recycling by visiting our interactive map. Just enter your street address to find out more.
Did we miss you today? You can report your missed collection here or call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 during business hours.
Do you have paint, chemicals, oil or gas to drop off? We offer free drop-off days for residents at the Manassas Transfer Station. Did you know that we can collect your television or computer monitor at curbside? Call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 to schedule your collection.
Residents can schedule collection of large items (that do not fit in trash containers) including furniture, fridges, air conditioners and exercise equipment by calling the Trashline on (703)257-8252. Click here for more information.