Woodlands on City parkland that are not marked as a nature trail are not designated nor maintained to be utilized in such a manor.
The shaded area surrounding the house is open for passive recreation from dawn to dusk. It is a great place for a walk or a picnic.
Work has begun on the stabilization of Annaburg Manor. The ca.1892 manor house and property was purchased by the City last year to be used as a public park. Recently the City Council determined to use some of the proceeds from the sale of land at the Landings of Cannon Branch to install a new, historically accurate slate roof on the manor house and repair the original cornice and gutter system. The exterior of the manor house will also be cleaned and a variety of painting options are being considered. This will not only stabilize the manor house, preventing further deterioration but also improve the appearance of the house for the community. The work is expected to last through the fall and is being done by the Durable Restoration Company. The company is highly skilled in preserving and restoring historical buildings and landmarks. Additionally, the Department of Community Development will host an appropriately physically distanced community meeting on the grounds in early fall and there will be an opportunity to hear from preservationists working on the project. If you have a question or would like to be notified about opportunities for learning more about the project please email Liz Via-Gossman at firstname.lastname@example.org
9101 Prince William Street
This park is nestled among the tall trees behind the Manassas Museum. This is a great place for a child's birthday party or just a quiet gathering for friends. The park includes a playground, small garden path, and picnic tables. While you're there, please visit the Manassas Museum.
Cannon Branch Park & 10611 Gateway Boulevard
One of two surviving Civil War forts in Manassas, Cannon Branch Fort was built by Union troops in 1864 to help defend rail lines from Confederate raids. Take a walk on a paved wooded path and see the remains of the fort. We ask your help in staying on the path so the delicate remains may be preserved.
9501 Dean Park LaneThere is plenty of open space to accommodate large gatherings including:
•Playground (available after school hours and activities)
•Lighted diamond fields
•Public Restrooms (seasonal)• Skate Park
• Manassas Industrial School/Jennie Dean Memorial
•Winters Branch Recreation Trail 0.9 miles Take the Winters Branch Trail Tour
Dean Skate Park
9503 Dean Park
Lane Situated on a small parcel of land behind the Boys & Girls Club in Dean Park, this park is reserved solely for skateboarders and roller blade enthusiasts. It is open during daylight hours only and is not supervised. Benches are located on the outside of the fence for parental use. There is no admission fee.
Manassas Industrial School/ Jennie Dean Memorial
Visit the five-acre archaeological park on the original site of the Manassas Industrial School for Colored Youth, adjacent to Jennie Dean Elementary. The school was founded largely through the efforts of former slave Jennie Dean who, after almost a decade of charismatic fundraising, chartered the school in 1893. Learn about the school at an interactive kiosk, view a model of the original campus, and walk among the original school's foundations.
9201 Center Street
Enjoy happenings at the Loy E. Harris Pavilion year-round. In summer, visit the Thursday Farmer's Market, a free concert, or many festivals, events, and dances. Lace up your skates and take a turn on the ice when the weather turns cold. The Pavilion is also available for private rentals.
Liberia House & Grounds
8601 Portner Avenue
Confederate President Jefferson Davis and President Lincoln visited, and troops occupied the 1825 Liberia house during the Civil War. The house is open for special events and tours, and the grounds are open for walking and picnicking. A series of trails is being constructed through wooded areas of the 18-acre historic site.
Mayfield Earthwork Fort
8401 Quarry Road
Confederate troops occupied the fort between June 1861 and March 1862, and Union troops occupied the fort from March 1862 to November 1864. Follow the path up the hill to the fort and read interpretive markers along the way. When at the top, visit the remains of the Hooe family farm Mayfield. Be sure to see a replica of one of the wooden Quaker guns, which were fabricated to look like real cannons during the Civil War.