Architectural Review Board
- 7:30 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of every month (as needed) see calendar
- City Hall second floor conference room, room 204
The December 11 meeting has been cancelled.
Agendas are available the Friday prior to a scheduled meeting
Minutes are available following approval at the subsequent meeting.
View Agendas and Minutes in the Meeting Media Center
Looking for ARB Minutes prior to 2017? View a searchable archive
- Jan Alten
- Robert Carter
- Nancy Hersch Ingram
- Peter Rosen
- Marci Settle
- Myra Buchanan Brent (Alternate)
Regular membership of the ARB, as defined in the City of Manassas Code of Ordinances, include:
- Members shall have a demonstrated interest, competence, or knowledge in historic preservation.
- A majority of the members must be City residents
The Manassas City Architectural Review Board serves in an important role to ensure the preservation and protection of the city's historic districts. Duties include:
- Issuing or denying a certificate of appropriateness for construction, reconstruction, substantial exterior alteration, demolition, or relocation within an HOD
- Assisting and advising the City Council, the Planning Commission, and other city departments, agencies, and property owners in matters involving historically significant sites, and structures such as appropriate land design, parking lot design, and signs
- Advising owners of historic structures relating to preservation
- Reviewing and proposing additional historic structures to be included in an HOD
- Conducting studies deemed necessary to consider additional districts and means of preservation and utilization of historic assets in the city, upon request of the council, planning commission, or interested citizens
- Cooperating with and enlisting assistance from the state historic landmarks commission, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and other interested parties, both public and private, in its efforts to preserve, restore, and conserve historic structures, buildings, sites, or areas within the city
Rules of Procedure
View current rules of procedure amended August 9, 2016
- Learn more about the Historic Overlay District (including related Design Guidelines and the ARB submittal process)
- Download an Architectural Review Board Application Packet